Colchester Adult Learning Assistance – charity number 109571
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to our projects
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for reporting to our Trustees and funding agencies.
- We may use the information to improve our projects.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new projects, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. This may be by email, phone or mail. Additionally, such information may be used to customise the website according to user interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect electronically.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic and lets us know when you visit. Cookies allow web applications to respond to users. Thus, the web application can tailor its operations to user needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used to help us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to community needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
AB/CALA will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties we think you may find interesting. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of this information please contact us. If you believe that any such information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible and correction will be made promptly.
For terms and conditions of use of this website please see separate page. Continued downloading of this website is an indication of your acceptance of our statements.