Then and now – the site

At one time, from the 1200s onwards, the Grey Friars site covered the whole rectangle of ground within the north-eastern corner of the town’s Roman wall. It stayed as such until the closure of the Botanical Gardens circa 1850, when the site was broken up into plots and now includes Roman and Castle Roads. Click to open> Grey Friars then and now THE GROUNDS

For a copy of the above illustration, click> GFfromNorth